Working to reform marijuana laws
- - Weekly Legislative Roundup 1/15/21
Welcome to the latest edition of NORML's Weekly Legislative Roundup, on the NORML blog every Friday!
- - Mississippi: Medical Organizations Join Legal Fight to Overturn Election Result Legalizing Medical Cannabis Access
“The AMA’s position is woefully out of step with both public opinion and scientific consensus, as well as with the opinions of the majority of physicians. It is regrettable that this organization would go on record in attempting to nullify the vote of a supermajority of Mississippi voters.”
- - Legal Marijuana Sales Spiked Dramatically in 2020
"Customers purchased an estimated $17.9 billion in cannabis products from legal retailers in 2020 – up from $10.7 billion in 2019."
- - Governors Speak Out in Favor of Marijuana Legalization Nationwide
Here's a breakdown of which Governors and where are calling for the enactment of meaningful marijuana reform in 2021.
The post Governors Speak Out in Favor of Marijuana Legalization Nationwide appeared first on NORML.
- - Survey: Most Americans Say Marijuana Possesses Less Abuse Potential Than Alcohol
“The results show that the majority of U.S. consumers perceive cannabis (as CBD, hemp, marijuana, and THC) as having medical uses and view the potential for abuse of cannabis as less than for commonly prescribed medications and alcohol."
The post Survey: Most Americans Say Marijuana Possesses Less Abuse Potential Than Alcohol appeared first on NORML.